CipherShield Mode 1 XP Compliant FIPS 140-2 Level 2 HIPAA 256-bit AES USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps Hardware Encrypted External Desktop Hard Drive for all OS
WARNING for California resident
With a newer hard drive supporting larger than 2TB requiring GPT partition, Windows XP users were left behind since XP does not support GPT. However, our XP Compliant models add support for the MBR partition thus allowing XP users to break the 2TB barrier while maintaining compatibility with all other OS.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for group settings where more than one individual is working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for the company’s next new products, top-secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records, and financial information.
Smart Insert with CipherKey allows you to have total control of your data with two intelligent key insertion modes. Standard design with all CipherShield drives, mode 0 with hotplug mechanism enables you to authenticate and access the drive when the CipherKey is plugged in. When the key is removed, all data within the drive are encrypted. Mode 1 is better utilized for a large data backup job where you don’t want to be tied waiting for the data transfer to be completed. The CipherShield drive is authenticated by plugging the key in once and removed. The drive runs without the need to have the key connected at all times. The risk of theft is no longer a concern because when a USB or power cable is unplugged, the drive will automatically lock down its content. A limited number of models available, the rest can be special ordered from Buslink or specify the key mode 1 when ordering from resellers or your preferred IT solution providers.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or the power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by a hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease in the total cost of ownership. You do not need to remember complicated passwords or PINs. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- Mode 1 key, plugs in key once to authenticate per power on and then remove
- NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant AES hardware encryption with 256-bit encryption
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with CipherKey to authenticate the drive
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt the whole drive
- Real-time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- The encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- Plug and play; no complicated installation
- Transfer rate: Up to 5 Gbits/s
- Drive: Pre-formatted NTFS SATA drives (can be reformatted for Mac or Linux)
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps SuperSpeed port
- Compatible to previous generations USB port but will only run at maximum speed for that port
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003. Does not work with 2000 Server
- MBR formatted to support Windows XP and all other OS
- CipherShield Mode 1 XP compliant 256-bit AES USB 3.0 encrypted external hard drive
- 2 Cipherkeys
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 A to B cable
- 12V 1.5-2.5A DC Full range switching power adapter
- User manual