2-Bay RAID 0/1 256-bit HDD USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps/eSATA FIPS140-2 HIPAA AES Encrypted External Desktop Drive (New product special $500 off on all models)
WARNING for California resident
|44TB RAID 0 Collateral
|40TB RAID 0 Collateral
|36TB RAID 0 Collateral
|32TB RAID 0 Collateral
|44TB RAID 0 Bilateral
|40TB RAID 0 Bilateral
|36TB RAID 0 Bilateral
|32TB RAID 0 Bilateral
|44TB RAID 0 Mode 0
|40TB RAID 0 Mode 0
|36TB RAID 0 Mode 0
|32TB RAID 0 Mode 0
|44TB RAID 0 Mode 1
|40TB RAID 0 Mode 1
|36TB RAID 0 Mode 1
|32TB RAID 0 Mode 1
|44TB RAID 1 Mode 0
|40TB RAID 1 Mode 0
|36TB RAID 1 Mode 0
|32TB RAID 1 Mode 0
|44TB RAID 1 Mode 1
|40TB RAID 1 Mode 1
|36TB RAID 1 Mode 1
|32TB RAID 1 Mode 1
New generation of compact higher speed, high capacity RAID 0/1 2-bay hard drives
This BUSlink 2-Bay RAID drive supports large capacity, fast transfer with RAID 0 and data redundancy and backup with RAID 1. The new USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface now supports up 10 Gbps of fast data transfer. In addition, eSATA interface provides additional connection possibility. The 2-Bay RAID drive is available with many models with different options to meet your needs. RAID 0 | RAID 1, Collateral dual keys | Bilateral dual keys | Mode 0 | Mode 1. Removable HDD trays support replacement of drives. HDD intelligent sleep function is supported. Cooling fan maintain safe operating temperature. Skid proof and shockproof rubber feet mat ensure safe operation. This drive is perfect for secure data storage and backup for federal, state, local government agencies, corporate, small business, universities, schools, healthcare, law, and personal.
RAID 0/1 selection
RAID 0 striping supports fast transfer of data but no redundancy. RAID 1 mirroring supports redundancy with hot-plug replacement of bad drive.
Collateral, Bilateral, Mode 0/1 key selection
Smart Insert with CipherKey allows you to have total control of your data with four intelligent key insertion modes.
Mode 0 the standard design with hot-plug mechanism enables you to authenticate and access the drive when the CipherKey is plugged in. When the key is removed, all data within the drive are encrypted.
Mode 1 is better utilized for a large data backup job where you don’t want to be tied waiting for the data transfer to be completed. The CipherShield drive is authenticated by plugging the key in once and removed. The drive runs without the need to have the key connected at all times. The risk of theft is no longer a concern because when a USB or power cable is unplugged, the drive will automatically lock down its content.
Bilateral dual keys is high level of security with security with 2-factor authentication using 2 keys to authenticate. Keys must be plugged in at all times to access data. Suitable for data centers or other situations where human intervention for key insertion is not feasible.
Collateral dual keys is the highest level of security with 2-factor authentication using 2 keys to authenticate. Keys can be plugged and removed per power cycle for safekeeping. Suitable for situation where human intervention for key insertion is feasible. A limited number of models available, the rest can be special ordered from Buslink or specify the key mode 1 when ordering from resellers or your preferred IT solution providers.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company’s next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- RAID 0 (striping) or RAID 1 (mirroring)
- Collateral, Bilateral, Mode 0 or Mode 1 key
- NIST FIPS 140-2 level 2 compliant 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and to Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- 2 drives included and installed in trays
- Removable 3.5” HDD tray supports hot-plug replacement of drive
- Support HDD intelligent sleep function
- Cooling fan maintain safe operating temperature
- Skid proof and shockproof rubber feet mat ensure safe operation
- Self-powered, AC adapter included
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with Cipherkey to authenticate the drive
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt whole drive
- Real time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide a better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- Encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- Transfer rate:
- USB 2.0: Up to 480 Mbits/s
- USB 3.2 Gen 2: Up to 10 Gbits/s
- eSATA: Up to 6.0 Gbits/s
- NTFS format (can be reformatted for Mac or Linux)
- eSATA port with AHCI mode to support hot-plug
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 SuperSpeed+ port to achieve 10 Gbps transfer speed
- Backward compatible to USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port with USB 2.0 transfer speed
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Windows Server 2020, 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003. Does not work with 2000 Server
- Larger than 2TB requires GPT support; does not support Windows XP
- TAA compliant, ECCN: 5a992.c, HTS: 8471705065
- CipherShield 256-bit AES 2-Bay RAID encrypted external HDD drive
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 A to B cable
- eSATA cable
- 2 Cipherkeys for Mode 0/1, 4 Cipherkeys for Collateral/Billateral
- 12V 3A DC Full range switching power adapter
- User Manual