2-Bay RAID 0/1 256/512-bit SSD USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps/eSATA FIPS140-2 HIPAA CipherShield AES Encrypted External Desktop Drive (New product special $500 off on all models)
WARNING for California resident
|16TB RAID 0 Collateral 256-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Collateral 256-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Bilateral 256-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Bilateral 256-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Collateral 512-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Collateral 512-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Bilateral 512-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Bilateral 512-bit
|16TB RAID 1 Collateral 512-bit
|8TB RAID 1 Collateral 512-bit
|16TB RAID 1 Bilateral 512-bit
|8TB RAID 1 Bilateral 512-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Mode 0 256-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Mode 0 256-bit
|16TB RAID 1 Mode 0 256-bit
|8TB RAID 1 Mode 0 256-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Mode 1 256-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Mode 1 256-bit
|16TB RAID 1 Mode 1 256-bit
|8TB RAID 1 Mode 1 256-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Mode 0 512-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Mode 0 512-bit
|16TB RAID 1 Mode 0 512-bit
|8TB RAID 1 Mode 0 512-bit
|16TB RAID 0 Mode 1 512-bit
|8TB RAID 0 Mode 1 512-bit
|16TB RAID 1 Mode 1 512-bit
|8TB RAID 1 Mode 1 512-bit
This next generation of 2-bay RAID drive meets your ever-expanding storage needs. Its many encryption options are perfect for the many different requirements of each industry or organization. Now with the fast transfer speed of the new USB 3.2 Gen 2 @ 10Gbps. You can transfer your data at an even faster speed. SSD model gets a speed boost from solid state drive quick transfer rate. This drive is perfect for secure data storage and backup for federal, state, local government agencies, corporate, small business, universities, schools, healthcare, law, and personal use.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company’s next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- Single key mode 0 – single-factor authentication with a single key, the key must remain plugged in while powered on to remain authenticated. Suitable for when human insertion of key is not feasible such as data center or remote location.
- Single Key mode 1 – single-factor authentication with a single key, the key can be plugged in and removed to store away while powered on. It will remain authenticated until the power is turned off. Suitable for when human insertion of key is feasible such as local office.
- Bilateral dual keys – two-factor authentication with two different keys, keys must remain plugged in while powered on to remain authenticated. Suitable for when human insertion of key is not feasible such as data center or remote location.
- Colateral dual keys – two-factor authentication with two different keys, keys can be plugged in and removed to store away while powered on. It will remain authenticated until the power is turned off. Suitable for when human insertion of key is feasible such as local office.
- RAID 0 striping – See the full capacity of both drives added together. It features fast transfer to both drives at the same time for higher performance. There is no data redundancy so when any 1 drive fails, the data is lost.
- RAID 1 mirroring – See only the capacity of 1 drive, the other drive is used for automatic backup. It is slightly slower due to the need to mirror the drive. Provide data redundancy so that when 1 drive fails, can hot-swap the bad drive and the drive will be automatically rebuilt.
- 256-bits – standard FIPS 140-2 level 2 AES HIPAA hardware encryption that meets governmental and other requirements
- 512-bits – 2 stage cascade AES 256-bit equals to 512-bit encryption for security conscious users
- SSD – Solid state drives features fast data transfer with better durability and shock resistance with no moving parts.
- HDD – Magnetic drives features large capacity at economical price.
- SSD for faster speed, durability, shock-resistant, and lower power or HDD for larger capacity
- RAID 0 (striping) or RAID 1 (mirroring)
- NIST FIPS 140-2 level 2 compliant AES hardware encryption with 256-bit or 512-bit encryption
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and to Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with Cipherkey to authenticate the drive
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt whole drive
- Real time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide a better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- Encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- 2 drives included and installed in trays
- Removable 3.5” drive tray supports hot-plug replacement of drive
- Support drive intelligent sleep function
- Cooling fan maintain safe operating temperature
- Skid proof and shockproof rubber feet mat ensure safe operation
- Self-powered, AC adapter included
- Transfer rate:
- USB 2.0: Up to 480 Mbits/s
- USB 3.2 Gen 2: Up to 10 Gbits/s
- eSATA: Up to 6.0 Gbits/s
- NTFS format (can be reformatted for Mac or Linux)
- eSATA port with AHCI mode to support hot-plug
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 SuperSpeed+ port to achieve 10 Gbps transfer speed
- Backward compatible to USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port with USB 2.0 transfer speed
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Windows Server 2020, 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003. Does not work with 2000 Server
- Larger than 2TB requires GPT support; does not support Windows XP
- TAA compliant, ECCN: 5a992.c, HTS: 8471705065
- CipherShield 2-bay RAID USB 3.2 Gen 2 encrypted external drive
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 A to B cable
- eSATA cable
- 2 CipherKeys for single key models, 4 CipherKeys for dual keys models
- 12V 3A DC Full range switching power adapter
- User manual